There is no doubt that Local SEO is vital for businesses looking to capture local market through local searches. In order to gain visibility in search results, you have to optimize your website and list your business on external sites (like Yelp or Google My Business). Avoiding Local SEO can only put you out of the competition.
Take a look at these statistics indicating towards the importance of Local SEO.
- According to BrightLocal, more than 90 percent of the internet users searched local businesses last year
- There has been a consistent decline in the distribution of yellow pages over past few years.
Local business searches will increases, as smart phones users are increasing, using fingertips to access on-demand content. While you can go through Local SEO Checklist to learn about the factors that make it successful, here’s the summary of major points to help you grow your local business.
Improve Your Local SEO with Google My Business Page
While you let your Toronto SEO service set your local SEO campaign, Google My Business profile will be helpful in showing up your name when local people perform searches in your niche. Here are few benefits of Google My Business:
- Google My Business can enhance your local SEO if you update information about your business and claim a URL. People can see your “story” in meta description. So, add what’s relevant to your business.
- By verifying your email and website you can establish authority. Use proper business name, phone number and accurate address to take advantage of local SEO. It will ensure your right location on Google Maps.
- Reviews will boost your visibility. They are most important factor in determining which service people should buy. This is why, Google+ can be used to encourage positive reviews.
- Categorize your products or services so that you can rank in search results. Don’t forget to include your operating hours in the list.
- Include your photo, or your business image to show you’re seriously there.
Make Sure Your NAP Stays Correct Across The Web
NAP refers to:
- Business Name
- Address, and
- Phone Number
SEO experts Toronto will recommend that you should include your NAP information in local business directories to improve your local search ranking. Make sure, your name, address and phone number stay accurate everywhere on the internet to get proper citation. Avoid keyword stuffing in business name though.
Ensure Your Location and Contact Information with Schema Markup
Schema markup gives added information regarding your business. It is included in the website’s coding through which search engines recognize them. Schema markup ensures that search engines display your name, contact details and address properly.
You can go to local business section at schema.org and find out different types of information to which you can add this markup on your website. You can go to MicroData Generator and generate business schema. Also use Schema scanner to check the performance of your schema.
Actively Respond to Reviews
Reviews can make or break local businesses. So, make a habit of actively responding to customers, especially when they’re angry with you. Apologize publicly to show them that you care.
Have a Responsive Website
To know the importance of responsive websites, almost 80% people search businesses on mobile to purchase products/services offline. Check your website on MobileTest.me to see how it appears and performs on popular smart phones.
Focus on Local Citations
Local citation is important for local SEO. There are plenty of local citation websites where you can list your business in and boost your footprints.
Most of the activities are not too complicated. But is you are searching tools to make your job easier, use local SEO focused tool, such as Synup. So, if you haven’t thought about local SEO to rank your business, this is the time to do it.